ReclaimingPGH Priestess and longtime Reclaiming practitioner Amoret BriarRose has put out a call for all interested pagans to create an Earth Church here in Pittsburgh. Originally started by Willow Kelly in Staunton, Virginia, Amoret hopes to initiate this weekly spiritual offering locally with volunteers who would also be willing to help organize and facilitate. Read on for further details!
The premise is really simple:
– Hold Earth Church meetings every Sunday from Samhain to Beltane
– Meetings are 1 hour – 1 1/2 hours in length
– Each meeting has a simple format: Gathering, Round of Names and Pronouns, Short Check-In, Facilitator’s Offering
The way that Willow found it worked best and was the least heavy lift on any one person was:
1. Those that are interested meet up around Fall Equinox; five leaders are picked for the cycle.
2. Each leader gets a Sunday for the Samhain-Beltane cycle: one person is responsible for all first Sundays, one person is responsible for all second Sundays, etc.
3. To be the “leader” for a Sunday means you either a) find someone to be a facilitator or teacher for those Sundays or b) you are the facilitator or teacher on those Sundays, with the goal of bringing a variety of spiritual practices/artistic practices/body modalities/etc. from the region to Earth Church.
4. We all get to show up and have magico-religious experiences!
Some ideas for Earth Church activities:
– Tai chi
– Sound baths
– Buddhist meditation
– Visiting the rivers
– Dance temple
If you are interested in helping Amoret create this weekly offering in Pittsburgh, Like Earth Church Pittsburgh on Facebook and express your interest!